Introduction to Collections & Generics in Java
A guide to understand generics, basic collections and reflection in Java!
What you’ll learn
- Understand the basics of generics
- Implement generic algorithms (data structures, graph algorithms etc.)
- Understand the basic data structures
- Basic Java ( loops, classes etc. )
Learn the basic concepts and functions that you will need to build fully functional programs with the popular programming language, Java.
This course is about generics in the main. You will lern the basics of generic types, generic methods, type parameters and the theoretical background concerning these topics. This is a fundamental part of Java so it is definitly worth learning.
- basic generics
- bounded type parameters
- type inference
- type erasure
- collections in Java
- basic data structures
- arrays and lists
- stacks and queues
- sets and maps
- what is reflection in Java
- why is reflection useful
Learning the fundamentals of Java is a good choice and puts a powerful and tool at your fingertips. Java is easy to learn as well as it has excellent documentation, and is the base for all object-oriented programming languages.
Jobs in Java development are plentiful, and being able to learn Java will give you a strong background to pick up other object-oriented languages such as C++, or C# more easily.
- This course is meant for newbies who are familiar with Java and want to update their knowledge
Created by Holczer Balazs
Last updated 4/2019
Size: 526.04 MB