Getting started with WebAssembly & Emscripten
What you’ll learn
- Understand what WebAssembly is and how it will impact Web Development
Compile C and C++ code using Emscripten
- Advanced Emscripten features such as calling JS from WA and vice-versa
- Be capable of basic Command Line (Terminal) usage
- Some experience with C or C++ beneficial, but not required.
Learn to create and use WebAssembly Modules from scratch using Emscripten.
Bring your skills up to date with the very latest technology in Web Development.
This course is suitable for both beginners and experienced developers looking to get started with WebAssembly.
- Understand what WebAssembly is and how it speeds up the web
- Learn to use Emscripten and compile your own C or C++ code as a WebAssembly module
- Use WebAssembly in a real-world project and micro benchmark
An invaluable skill for any developer looking to future-proof their skills
This course will provide a very practical and concise approach to learning WebAssembly & Emscripten, and will give you a solid base to immediately start creating and implementing fast, optimised WebAssembly modules.
Content and Overview
This course aims to teach a solid foundational understanding of what WebAssembly is, and why it’s so powerful.
Section one starts with an overview of WebAssembly and a detailed setup lesson to help you follow along every step of the way.
The third and most substantial part of the course, covers Emscripten in-depth. Teaching everything from installing Emscripten on either Mac, Windows or Linux, compiling C code from scratch and the general Module runtime cycle.
The final section of the course is a practical 4-part lesson, teaching how to implement a fully animated HTML5 Canvas project using WebAssembly as the main processor.
Upon completion of this course you will have the practical skills to immediately start creating high performance WebAssembly modules.
This course is to the point and everything is demonstrated in the most simple, yet practical ways.
- Web Developers wanting to learn WebAssembly from scratch
- C, C++ or other compiled language developers looking to expand their software reach by developing for the web
Created by Ray Viljoen
Last updated 11/2018
Size: 680.61 MB